Crazy4art4u is officially moved as of today. You will now find me at my new blog http://www.elizabethstudio54.blogspot.com with a whole new look. Please join me in the next step in my continuing adventure of art and life in the country!

27 August 2010

One of those early "Fall is in the Air" Late Summer Days

The sun is finally shining again so I thought you might enjoy taking a little walk around bits of my yard and we can chat while I snap a few pictures to remind me of summer. Hope you enjoy...
I didn't get much more gardening done this year
beyond the front of the house but a little lavendar
some tomatoes, cosmos, and lots of basil
at least it smells fantastic!
This plant was gorgeous with lovely orange flowers but
it didn't fair well this very hot and dry summer either *sigh*
It looked great at the beginning contrasting with the
beautiful deep orange Tiger Lilies and the dark purple plants
that for the life of me I can't think of the name right now LOL

And of course you cannot live in the country
without having wreaths - handmade of course-
for each season of the year!

My copper cat guarding my miniature pink rose
bush that is not fairing very well this summer

What would a country house-barn be without
a front door light fixture like this?

Another coveted item that I found in the farm
garbage dump at the back of the property - I still use
it for a light potted plant to sit on in early summer

One of my most prized posessions is this bell
that sound is the bouy in Bar Harbor, Maine -
my most favorite place on the planet

I have no idea what this old hook like apparatus
was once used for but I do like the look of the
rust against the white and the cedar shingles that
cover my barn/home

What would an old farm be without a rusting horseshoe or two?
I never used to think about it but I really have come to like
old rusty things that remind us of a time gone by

Only in the summer does the sun shine in through
the front door windows like this - I love the juxtaposition
 of shadow falling on the rugs

2 comments:

  1. Great photos, Beth. Fall is my favorite time of year, but when the days look like this, even though they're gorgeous--they make me a little sad, because you know that Summer is leaving. It was so hot this year, but it was still Summer and not the dreaded Winter--yuck. (I need to move to a warmer climate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth,
    Thanks for the stroll in your garden. The basil smells wonderful. I love the copper cat, the old chair, the bell and the wreath. I think Autumn is my most favorite season. Enjoy the time...

    ReplyDelete